Knowing that passwords alone are inadequate for data protection, SafeNet designed the iKey™ 1000 USB token specifically as a portable and secure authentication token addressing the password replacement needs of both users and system administrators.
For Users: The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB token is convenient and easy-to-use; simply plug it into an open USB port and enter the iKey’s PIN.
For System Admins: The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB Token is a powerful authentication device incorporating random challenges and real-time calculated responses, while shielding the user from the underlying process.
The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB Token is a powerful, portable two-factor authentication device ideally suited for e-mail security, file encryption, Windows 2000/XP/2003 logon security, and iKey partner solutions. Additionally, included are client middleware software and drivers that allow the iKey to be used on a large range of workstation models.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 95 (OSR 2.5 or later) with MSCAPI and USB patches
- Windows 98 or 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 4 Desktop (SP6a or later)
- Windows 2000 Pro and Server (SP2 or later)
- Windows XP Home and Pro
- Windows 2003 Server
- PKCS #11 v2.01
- Microsoft CryptoAPI (CAPI) 2.0, CSP
- Applet PC/SC compliant
- iKey Native CAPI Security
- Cryptographic key generation, verification, and signing-in software
- MD5 Hashing and Random Number Generation (in hardware)
- 8KB EPROM ensures secure storage of keys, passwords, certificates, applications, and other data
- Algorithms: RSA 1024, DSA, DES, and 3DES (in software)
- Tamper-proof casing
- USB communication speed at 1.5 Mbits
- Maximum power consumption at 28mA
- 3 second write time for a 4 kb file
- 1024-bit RSA (software)
- X.509 digital certificate storage