GEMALTO SAFENET PROTECTV
The industry's first comprehensive cloud data protection solution, SafeNet ProtectV enables organizations to securely migrate to the cloud, encrypt entire virtual machine instances and attached storage, control access to data in the cloud, and address industry security standards and regulations.
Some of the many reasons enterprises choose SafeNet Protectv for their virtual machine encryption solution include:
Support for popular environments
SafeNet ProtectV provides virtual machine encryption for a variety of popular public environments, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer Cloud, or VMware.
Make the most of the cloud
Improve business agility while reducing costs with SafeNet ProtectV's unified encryption and access control capabilities.
Control encrypted data and encryption keys
Not only can you track the circumstances surrounding data access, but you can also revoke key access if you suspect a breach has or is about to occur.
Isolate and control virtual machine instances
SafeNet ProtectV StartGuard pre-boot authentication ensures that no virtual machine can be launched without proper authorization.
Achieve and maintain compliance
Address PCI DSS, HITECH/HIPAA, the EU's GDPR, and other regulations by establishing clear accountability with audit trails and detailed compliance reporting.
Securely Move Sensitive Workloads to the Cloud
Security of sensitive data is the number one barrier to cloud migration. This reduces the cost savings enterprises can achieve by further virtualizing their data centers and limits their business agility, including the ability to leverage the cloud in the future.
How SafeNet ProtectV with SafeNet KeySecure Helps:
- Maintains compliance by encrypting the entire virtual machine
- Security policies and key management lockdown systems in the cloud
- All virtual machine copies and snapshots are tracked and detailed audit reports can be generated
- Organizations maintain full control of their encryption keys preventing lawful seizure without explicit consent.
Securely Increase Data Center Virtualization
Security of sensitive and regulated data has been a barrier to further virtualization of the data center. This reduces the cost savings enterprises can achieve by further virtualizing their data centers and limits their business agility, including the ability to leverage the cloud in the future.
How SafeNet ProtectV with SafeNet KeySecure Help:
- Physical servers protected with the same policy as virtual machines
- Encrypts the entire virtual machine, backup and snapshots
- Separates administration of encryption/key management from hypervisor and storage admins, eliminates admin access to sensitive data
- Quickly renders sensitive data unreadable in the event of a breach (via key deletion)
SafeNet ProtectV Solution Components:
SafeNet ProtectV Manager – Centralized console for managing virtual machine instances and their encryption and decryption, as well as creation and management of security admin profiles, security groups and policies.
SafeNet ProtectV Client – Installed on your virtual machine instances or your servers in your datacenter, the Client enforces StartGuard pre-boot authentication based on associated SafeNet ProtectV Manager security policies and permissions and encrypts data as it is written to storage.
KeySecure – Hardened, highly available enterprise key/crypto management solution delivered as a hardware appliance (3a) or in a virtual platform as a virtual security appliance (3b).
SafeNet ProtectV Technical Specifications:
Minimal System Requirements
SafeNet ProtectV Manager:
- AWS: t2.medium and larger (for production environments) /1 volume (auto created / 16 GB)
- VMware: Ubuntu [Linux 64 bit], 2vCPUs, 4GB memory (minimum), 1 NIC (VMXNET 3), 16GB disk
SafeNet ProtectV Client:
- AWS: m1.small or larger instance, 256MB RAM, 100MB free disk space
- VMware: 256MB RAM, 100MB free disk space
Client OS Support
- CentOS Linux 6.2 (64-bit)
- CentOS Linux 6.3 (64-bit)
- CentOS Linux 6.4 (64-bit)
- CentOS Linux 6.5 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.2 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.3 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.4 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.5 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.6 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.0 (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11.2 (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11.3 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 (64-bit)
Contact Bangkok System Software, the authorized distributor of this product in Thailand, at Kris, IT Security Solution Manager via 085-552-2333 and firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, request for presentation and demonstration or price inquiry. You can also visit vendor's website at http://www.gemalto.com.