Financial Services &
Webroot's range of security solutions are specifically designed to protect banks and eCommerce providers from online fraud.
As we move towards a "cyber society" with online banking, online retail and other web services becoming increasingly popular, cybercrime has also become more advanced, targeted and sophisticated. Banks and eCommerce providers need to respond with strong security measures to protect themselves and their customers from online attack.
Advances in technology now mean customers can access their online accounts and transact from a range of devices: PC, laptop, smartphones or tablets. Whilst multi-device access offers ease and convenience for the customer, it also presents increased opportunity for fraudsters. Organizations now have the challenge of not only securing their customer's PC, but also securing customers accessing an online session from any device, anywhere.
Webroot's online banking and eCommerce security solutions allow customers to connect to an online session from the device of their choice without the fear of credential compromise and fraud.
Webroot's online banking security software and eCommerce solutions are specifically designed to address the security challenges of banking and eCommerce providers globally. Webroot security solutions are significantly smaller, faster and lighter than other security products. At under 1MB in size, Webroot endpoint security solutions will download and install in seconds without impacting the customers online experience.
For banking and eCommerce providers, maintaining the trust and confidence of customers is critical; so providing the best possible security is paramount. Over 30 financial institutes globally utilize Webroot solutions to improve their online security, protect their customers, and gain access to critical security intelligence to mitigate fraud losses.
Webroot online banking and eCommerce security solutions portfolio includes:
Customer Security Solutions – Security for the customer
- Identity Shield – Anti-phishing, Secure Browsing and Web filtering
- SecureAnywhere – Next Generation Endpoint Security
- Mobile Security – Security for smartphones and tablets
- Threat Portal – Provides a real-time view of threats present across an organization's online customer base
- Identify Now – Associates a customer with a PC and provides the real-time security status of customer PC when accessing an online session
Webroot provides a new, unique and entirely more effective way of improving online banking and eCommerce security and reducing the risk of online fraud. Webroot combines small, fast and lightweight security solutions to protect the end customer, and powerful security intelligence solutions to inform and protect the online provider.
Webroot Identity Shield: Webroot Identity Shield operates on the assumption that the customer PC is infected. Webroot Identity Shield therefore looks to protect the user information and transactional data that may be exposed during online transactions due to specific types of threats including phishing, DNS poisoning, keystroke logging, screen grabbing, cookie scraping, clipboard grabbing, and browser and session hijacking by malicious software executing man-in-the-browser or man-in-the-middle attacks.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Downloads, installs, and protects in seconds with no user configuration required and no impact on the customer experience
- Helps protect customer information when online even if the PC is infected with malicious software
- Prevents customers visiting phishing or fake websites designed to steal credentials
- Protect against man-in-the-middle and man-in-the browser attacks
Webroot SecureAnywhere: Banks and eCommerce providers can protect their customers from that latest banking Trojans and threats by providing Webroot SecureAnywhere. This small, fast, lightweight, and powerful security application protects against, and removes the latest threats designed to compromise customers PCs, steal banking credentials and money.
Key Features & Benefits:
- At under 1MB is the World's Smallest endpoint client
- Quick and easy to deploy and install
- Scans, detects, and removes malware in minutes
- Is always up-to-date with the latest threat intelligence
- Protects against known and unknown threats such as viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, adware, bots, rootkits, and zero-day threats
- Will run stand-alone or as complement to any endpoint security solution
Webroot Mobile Security: Webroot Mobile Security includes a broad range of features such as anti-malware, secure browsing, anti-phishing and application profiling to help prevent the theft of online credentials, personal data and mobile payment compromise. Webroot Mobile Security blocks threats and assesses the safety of website links before a customer clicks on them. Device Locate and Wipe features will also protect a customer's personal information in the event a mobile device is lost or stolen.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Low system and battery utilization
- Protects multiple OS and devices; smartphones and tablets
- Stops threats from malicious applications, phishing, and protects the device if lost or stolen
- Safeguards personal data such as contacts, emails, text messages, passwords and financial information
- Automatically searches applications and file downloads to ensure they are safe
- Isolates and removes any threats so they cannot harm the device or steal data
Webroot Security Intelligence
Webroot Security Intelligence allows organizations to understand the threats affecting their customer base, and also those affecting unique users in real-time.
Threat Portal – The Webroot Threat Portal provides an organization with real-time visibility of the threats present in their online customer base.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Shows the number of infected PCs accessing online banking
- Provides detail on serious and prevalent threats
- Highlights new threats and new malicious URLs seen
- Allows an organization to understand the threats affecting their customers, and perform comprehensive risk assessment.
Webroot Identify Now – Identify now provides real-time visibility of the security status of a customer's PC accessing an online session. Identify Now allows an organization to make an informed risk based decision if the online session poses an unacceptable risk to the individual, the online bank, or eCommerce provider.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Associates an online session with a customer and the PC they are using, enhancing non-repudiation
- Assesses the severity of infections on a PC and whether security software is installed
- Enables risk profiling of a customer, the PCs they use and the online sessions they perform
- Informs the online provider if the customer accessing an online session poses a potential fraud risk
How is Webroot different to other security software?
Webroot SecureAnywhere — Endpoint Protection offers users of traditional endpoint security solutions a superior cloud-based alternative that is the lightest, fastest, and most effective endpoint security solution on the market. Webroot is easy to deploy, install, and manage and does not conflict with any other endpoint application. The size of the Webroot client is significantly smaller than traditional endpoint security (1MB) serving to improve PC performance and greatly reduce scan times. Initial scan times are around 2-5 minutes. Subsequent scan times are reduced even further to between 30 and 60 seconds.
The solution takes an entirely different approach to threat detection by eliminating traditional signature based detection at the endpoint and leveraging the cloud as the central intelligence network. This unique and innovative approach means users and their devices remain protected in real-time, wherever they are, against both known and unknown threats.
Does Webroot also provide a secure browsing solution?
Yes, Webroot Identity Shield protects user information and transactional data that may be exposed during online transactions due to specific types of threats including phishing, DNS poisoning, keystroke logging, screen grabbing. cookie scraping, clipboard grabbing, and browser and session hijacking by malicious software executing man-in-the-browser or man-in-the-middle attacks.
How many Financial Institutes are currently using the Webroot technology?
Over 30 Financial Institutes globally utilize Webroot solutions to improve their online security, protect their online banking customers and gain access to critical security intelligence to mitigate fraud losses.
What impact is there on the customer experience when downloading and running the Webroot Software?
At under 1MB in size, the software will download and install in seconds allowing the customer to continue with their online session.
Initial scan times are around 2-5 minutes. Subsequent scan times are reduced even further to between 30 and 60 seconds. Processing and resource usage on a user's device is minimal, so unlike traditional security solutions Webroot will not impact the customer's experience, at any time.
Will the software conflict with other security applications?
Webroot is fully compatible with all other endpoint applications and secure browsing solutions.
Will installing the software have any impact on the performance of a customer's PC?
The software is very different to other security products as it has been designed to be extremely quick and unobtrusive, with a high level of protection. It is small at under 1MB, and downloads in seconds. It is also extremely lightweight, and uses less than 5% of the RAM. Webroot will not slow down a PC or impact PC performance.
The software maintains a real-time link to the Webroot cloud database and is always automatically up-to-date with the latest threats.
Does the software support multiple languages?
Webroot supports multiple languages including:
Who manages customer support in relation to the Webroot software?
24/7 online support is provided by Webroot. Additional telephone support options are available.
Is Integration required by the online provider to deploy the Webroot software?
No integration is required to promote and distribute the Webroot Software to customers. All that is required is an information page for the customer with a link to Webroot so the customer can download the software. Webroot will host and manage the software download.
What are the system requirements to install and run the software?
The software has an extremely light footprint and will run effectively even on very low specification PCs.
Minimum Specification Recommendation:
- 10MB of free hard disk space
- 28MB of RAM
- Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
What operating systems and browsers does Webroot software currently support?
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7, 32 & 64bit.
- Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (versions: 5/6/7/8), Mozilla Firefox (versions: 1/2/3), Google Chrome (versions: 2/3). Opera (versions: 9/10).
Does Webroot collect any customer data?
Webroot does not collect or store any personally Identifiable Information.
Are you able to provide management Information and threat intelligence reports?
Webroot are able to provide statistics and management information about the use and take-up of the software, threats that it becomes aware of that affect the online provider, and anonymous aggregated scan, threat Information gathered by the software.
- Reports are for the online provider's customers only and include:
- Number of downloads
- Types of operating system, browser and patches/service packs in use
- Existing security software in use and status
- Types of infections identified and severity of threats
- Distribution of infections across operating system, browser, and existing security software
- Volume of attempts to access phishing websites, to which user access has been blocked
Do you have the ability to identify an individual machine connecting to an online session?
Webroot Identify now has the ability to inform the online provider of the security status of a PC that a customer is using when accessing an online session.
Does Webroot also include protection for Mobile devices? If so, which platforms does it cover?
Yes, Webroot Mobile Security unifies security across desktop and mobile devices, synchronizing data files and web log-in credentials across all devices; PC, tablet, and smartphone. Webroot Mobile Security includes a broad range of features such as anti-malware, secure browsing, anti-phishing and application profiling to help protect customers against threats to their device, identity and data.
Webroot Mobile Security currently supports Android with i0S, Win Phone 7, and Blackberry to be supported by end of 2011.
What commercial models are available for an online provider?
Webroot offer a range of packaged distribution and commercial models tailored to meet the requirements of each individual provider. Contact the Webroot Banking and Finance team for more information.