Android Management Redefined: Meet SOTI Android+ Technology
Android accounts for more than 80% of the global smartphone market share. Because of this, Android is rapidly becoming very popular in the workplace. Enterprises are clamoring for a way to secure these devices. Because Android provides limited management and security APIs for EMM vendors to leverage, management and security is inconsistent across Android device manufacturers. Adding further complexity, OEMs are left on their own to create APIs in order for EMM vendors to build tools to manage the devices. This creates disparity, as each OEM adds functionality in varying degrees and forms.
SOTI addresses Android fragmentation with SOTI MobiControl’s Android+ technology. With Android+, SOTI has built tight integration with multiple leading Android vendors directly into SOTI MobiControl enabling enterprise to confidently add the latest and greatest devices to their mobile strategy. SOTI MobiControl offers a comprehensive and consistent Android management solution.
Remote Control & Helpdesk Tools
Live remote control of the latest Android devices for optimal helpdesk troubleshooting. Our exclusive BlitFire 10X technology gives you the world’s fastest remote control for today's HD devices.
- The fastest and most reliable remote control technology in the market
- SOTI’s award-winning Remote Control Helpdesk capabilities help you reduce downtime, improve mobile support processes, and reduce costs.
- Clearly view device activity in high quality and full colour.
- Control devices with desktop keyboard and mouse in real time.
- View and manage device services and tasks.
- File Explorer enables you to remotely edit, copy and paste files to and from devices quickly and easily.
Advanced Security Management
MobiControl Advanced Security Center provides administrators with the most comprehensive suite of Android Device Management capabilities. Enjoy granular control over how the latest Android devices are used and how data is accessed.
Web Filter Policy
Enforce and control web access policies to ensure secure, safe and authorized access to web content.
- Configure web filtering policies to block access to specific URLs
- Specify a URL for device redirection
- Create a whitelist of acceptable URLs
Antivirus/Malware Protection Policy
Monitor device file system and installed applications for malware and viruses
- Quarantine infected applications and files on device
- Schedule antivirus scanning, virus definition updates, and quarantine management
- Configure antivirus whitelists
Out of Contact Device Policy
Alert and take action on devices that have been out-of-contact for a period of time.
- Enable out-of-contact policies based on last connection time and enforce device side actions
- Log events, show messages, wipe device, activate data connection
- Enable flexible script-based execution for IT administrators to specify any action currently supported by MobiControl
Phone Call Policy
Whitelist or blacklist specific phone numbers for groups or individual users.
- Enforce granular control over incoming and outgoing calls across device groups or on specific devices
- Import feature for large whitelists or blacklists
- Group blocking of phone numbers and long distance exchanges
- Configure device and server notifications for blocked calls
Remotely lock or wipe the entire device, removing all data and settings back to factory default in real time if it is lost or stolen.
- Remotely unlock or reset device passwords for users who have forgotten them
- Remotely restart devices for troubleshooting purposes.
Device LockDown Policy
Configurable LockDown Policies allow administrators to block use of the operating system
- Replace the device home screen with a customizable screen that limits users to select applications only.
- Decrease downtime and minimizes unauthorized use of corporate devices.
- Detect compromised or rooted Android devices and immediately force remote security actions to prohibit access to the corporate network or data.
- If a device is lost or stolen, administrators can remotely lock the device, forcing the user to enter a correct password to gain access.
Device Feature Control
MobiControl features the ability to selectively enable or disable native Samsung Android device features.
- Android Market
- Data Usage while Roaming
- Access Point
- MS Exchange Email
Configure and enforce strong password requirements that end users must meet to secure their devices. Prevent unauthorized device use and retain access to sensitive corporate data in the right hands with complex password enforcement.
Active Directory Integration
- Ensure corporate access is reserved for privileged employees by prompting users to enter usernames and passwords prior to enrolling.
- Custom authentication policies force end- users to meet configurable strong password requirements to protect device access and even trigger a device data wipe after an administrator- specified amount of failed password attempts.
Connection Security Policy
Configure secure and authorized access to corporate network connections.
- Configure Access Point and WiFi Settings wirelessly without user interaction.
- Users can easily and quickly connect to the network without a security concern.
Administrators can enforce Full Device Encryption including SD card on managed Samsung Android devices. Encrypt sensitive corporate data to meet the strictest security standards.
Detect Rooted Devices
Detect unsecured device status to take immediate action such as block/wipe corporate email, remove from corporate network, etc.
Secure Content Library
Securely distribute and manage access to corporate documents and resources.
- Upload files to devices and specify destination folder on device
- Manage any file format supported by the device
- Manage file versioning on the device
- Configure on demand and push delivery for file synchronization
Telecom Expense Management
Set up group and individual voice and data profiles to easily monitor mobile data and voice usage limits.
- Configure soft and hard thresholds for notifications on mobile voice and data usage
- Define actions (send notifications to IT admins, trigger device alerts)
- Create groups for further monitoring and action
Mobile Application Management
Install, update, remove, enable or disable any application without user interaction.
- Ensure all your latest Android devices have up-to-date Enterprise or Market applications while preventing the use or installation of unauthorized applications.
- Enable, disable or simply remove any application including those preloaded on to the device such as YouTube.
- Administrators can silently install and update important line of business or appropriate 3rd party applications without disturbing the end user.
- Manage application security with certificate installations and the ability to wipe application data.
- Enforce application blacklists to prevent prohibited applications such as games or unsecure programs from being installed by the end user.
Add, renew, revoke and deliver authentication certificates from a certificate authority to managed devices.
Mobile Email Management
SOTI’s Mobile Email Management (MEM) solution delivers complete security for corporate and employee-owned devices.
- Configure advanced compliance policies to manage user credentials.
- Prevent data breaches by allowing, removing or blocking mobile devices accessing the network.
- End users access corporate email according to corporate policies, all within the native MS Exchange application preloaded on the device.
- Configure authorized device connections to MS Exchange Servers.
- Configure device side MS Exchange settings such as email addresses, passwords, SSL certificates, email notification types and sync intervals.
Use Nitrodesk Touchdown to Configure and manage a secure Corporate email sandbox on Android Devices.
- The Touchdown Email sandbox can be set up, managed, and removed by the MobiControl administrator to ensure corporate email is in the right hands at all times.
- Businesses can configure end user corporate email access and settings whilst monitoring policy compliance.
- Robust way of securing corporate email on Android devices.
- A seamless and easy to use MS Exchange email client.
Collect and store important device information for reporting purposes.
- Enroll, provision and configure one or many devices simultaneously over the air.
- Manage device inventory individually or by dynamic groups and communicate to end users proactively.
- Access a wealth of live device information such as Device ID, Carrier, Phone Number, Signal strength, Battery status, Memory (and many more) for live display, report, or auditing purposes.
- The MobiControl Dashboard provides managers with a quick and interactive overview of mobile asset status and system health in graphical displays.
- Monitor the mobile fleet and communicate effectively using Android's native messaging system or MobiControl’s built in Messaging Service.
- Wireless Device Configuration
Collect and store important device information for reporting purposes.
MobiControl can collect vital device attributes such as battery status, cellular signal strength, memory, location, and MAC address, to be stored in the database for future auditing.
Manage device files and folders over the air.
- MobiControl can synchronize files and folders between devices and servers on an ad hoc or scheduled basis.
- Equip employees with up to date corporate resources with special read and write to device storage privileges
Mass message Android devices using Google's messaging interface - Cloud to Device Messaging.
MobiControl integrates with Google's Cloud to Device Messaging Service (C2DM) to be able to communicate directly to managed Android devices within a native messaging interface. Communicate quickly with end users without the hassle of email or incurring cellular text/voice charges.
MobiControl proactively alerts console administrators on both server- side and device -side events.
- Configure custom alerts
- MobiControl automatically triggers a notification advising of specific happenings.
- Device events such as devices connecting/disconnecting from the deployment server, device is roaming, feature not supported, user rejected Terms and conditions, etc.
- Device status and custom data
- Geofence alert
- MobiControl will throw an alert to ensure the administrator is aware of important performance and security concerns
Advanced Data Collection gives you the power to specify data that you want to collect, analyze and report on. Whether it is information on battery status, GPS location, WiFi signal strength or any other type of data, MobiControl enables you to optimize your operations based on the statistics that matter to you.
MobiControl's advanced reporting engine can then be used to pull detailed information about all aspects of system operation and the status of software / data deployments. Users can choose from the set of standard reports included with the product, or can customize and create new reports to deliver real-time statistics about mobile devices deployed in the field.
Terms and Conditions
Standardize and enforce an acceptable use policy, and bring your mobile workforce in alignment with your corporate IT strategy.
- Create custom Terms and Conditions pages on the MobiControl deployment server for device enrollment
- Enforce acceptance of Terms and Conditions to enroll the device with MobiControl